Job: Investment Banking Analyst
About Pacific Crest
Pacific Crest is the premier investment bank for technology, operating at the leading edge, where global connectivity is fueling an unprecedented expansion cycle. We apply our knowledge of the drivers of value creation and global network of relationships to technology’s high-growth sectors, such as global Internet, mobility, SaaS, cloud and big data, next gen infrastructure and alternative energy. As a result, our clients—technology’s foremost institutional investors and market leading companies—rely on us to achieve superior returns and gain competitive advantage from the seismic shifts occurring in technology. We have 200 employees and are headquartered in the United States, with offices in Boston, New York, Portland, San Francisco, Stamford, along with our Representative Office in Beijing as well our Pacific Epoch office in Shanghai. We were founded in 1990.
|| Investment Banking Analyst
Investment Banking Analysts work in client-focused teams within the corporate finance and M&A departments in our Portland, Oregon office to help our Technology clients achieve their financial and strategic objectives. Analysts are often involved with multiple simultaneous projects and are responsible for researching, analyzing and creating presentations related to transaction development and execution. The work is challenging and Analysts are encouraged to roll up their sleeves, thoroughly analyze financial statements, and think “outside the box.”
- Learn the fundamentals of corporate finance, capital markets, and mergers & acquisitions execution and analysis
- Work on live and on-going transactions and interact with clients while building network and experience
- Help generate ideas for new client opportunities
- Learn from and work with teams consisting of professionals across Pacific Crest, including senior bankers within investment banking and experts in other areas of the firm
- Research and analysis related to transaction generation and execution
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
- Building integrated financial models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
- Developing marketing memoranda and other tools supporting market penetration
- Participating on advisory teams that execute various financial transactions
- Maintaining databases of information regarding clients, prospects, transactions, market segments, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with superior academic performance
- 6 months to 1 year experience in investment banking with similar responsibilities; M&A focus preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- High degree of initiative and must be a self-motivator
- Ability to work independently and function as part of a team
- Composure and confidence to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong extracurricular activities and work experience
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills High interest in financial markets and technology industry sectors and trends
- Pass federal and state securities exams (S79 & S63)
- Work authorization in the U.S. required, and not requiring sponsorship
- Must work from Portland, OR location
- Competitive salary. Depends upon education and financial and/or industry experience.
- Excellent benefits package.